Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
CNY Teens Promote Reading Through Rock Music
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – Three Central New York teenagers are working to raise literacy awareness, through their music.
Connor Strader, Jacob Roundy and Nick Snow of Cicero, all make up the band "Kingsley and the Shacklebolts." They have been playing what they call Wizard Rock, since February of this year. They write songs based on the Harry Potter novels, and perform them in local libraries and book stores.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher sat down with the three 16 year olds, after they played a short set at the WRVO studios.