Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
More News From WRVO
CNY Teens Promote Reading Through Rock Music
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – Three Central New York teenagers are working to raise literacy awareness, through their music.
Connor Strader, Jacob Roundy and Nick Snow of Cicero, all make up the band "Kingsley and the Shacklebolts." They have been playing what they call Wizard Rock, since February of this year. They write songs based on the Harry Potter novels, and perform them in local libraries and book stores.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher sat down with the three 16 year olds, after they played a short set at the WRVO studios.