Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
More News From WRVO
CNY Teens Promote Reading Through Rock Music
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – Three Central New York teenagers are working to raise literacy awareness, through their music.
Connor Strader, Jacob Roundy and Nick Snow of Cicero, all make up the band "Kingsley and the Shacklebolts." They have been playing what they call Wizard Rock, since February of this year. They write songs based on the Harry Potter novels, and perform them in local libraries and book stores.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher sat down with the three 16 year olds, after they played a short set at the WRVO studios.