Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
CNY Teens Promote Reading Through Rock Music
By Jasmyn Belcher
Oswego, NY – Three Central New York teenagers are working to raise literacy awareness, through their music.
Connor Strader, Jacob Roundy and Nick Snow of Cicero, all make up the band "Kingsley and the Shacklebolts." They have been playing what they call Wizard Rock, since February of this year. They write songs based on the Harry Potter novels, and perform them in local libraries and book stores.
WRVO's Jasmyn Belcher sat down with the three 16 year olds, after they played a short set at the WRVO studios.