Most Active Stories
- Syracuse Hancock International Airport is looking west for continued growth
- Very contagious respiratory virus affecting children expected to hit central New York soon
- Keeping cool: how to treat hot flashes
- Contagious respiratory virus hits three children in central New York
- Environmentalists gear up for weekend climate change march in New York City
Coming up this week: nurse practitioners seek independence
We'll take on the controversy surrounding the independence of nurse practitioners. Should they be allowed to practice independently? The deans of Upstate Medical University's college of Medicine and Nursing discuss.
"The concerns that have been expressed is that they may not have had the same depth and breadth as physician training does,” says Dr. David Duggan, College of Medicine dean. “But the key, for anyone, is to know their limits and to know what is in the best interest of their patient and when their patient needs to get additional care.”
Hear more Sunday at 9 p.m.
Also this week: gynecologic cancers. Dr. Rinki Agarwal, a specialist in the field, will have details.
You can find archived episodes of HealthLink on Air online, along with stand-alone audio pieces.