Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Coming up this week: nurse practitioners seek independence
We'll take on the controversy surrounding the independence of nurse practitioners. Should they be allowed to practice independently? The deans of Upstate Medical University's college of Medicine and Nursing discuss.
"The concerns that have been expressed is that they may not have had the same depth and breadth as physician training does,” says Dr. David Duggan, College of Medicine dean. “But the key, for anyone, is to know their limits and to know what is in the best interest of their patient and when their patient needs to get additional care.”
Hear more Sunday at 9 p.m.
Also this week: gynecologic cancers. Dr. Rinki Agarwal, a specialist in the field, will have details.
You can find archived episodes of HealthLink on Air online, along with stand-alone audio pieces.