Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
Comptroller DiNapoli: I can work with Spitzer if he wins
State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli says he thinks he can work with Eliot Spitzer, should the former governor win the post of New York City comptroller, even though he is supporting his opponent in the contest.
DiNapoli says his endorsement of former Assemblyman and Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer still stands.
“I can work with just about anybody,” DiNapoli said.
Though he qualified that assessment, saying he’ll have to see “how that plays out.”
When he was governor, Spitzer vehemently opposed DiNapoli’s ascension to state comptroller. DiNapoli was chosen by the legislature in 2007 to replace Alan Hevesi, who resigned in disgrace. DiNapoli says Spitzer’s charges at the time that he was not qualified for the job were unfair, but says since then he’s won election to the post and the voters have proven Spitzer wrong.