Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Comptroller DiNapoli: I can work with Spitzer if he wins
State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli says he thinks he can work with Eliot Spitzer, should the former governor win the post of New York City comptroller, even though he is supporting his opponent in the contest.
DiNapoli says his endorsement of former Assemblyman and Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer still stands.
“I can work with just about anybody,” DiNapoli said.
Though he qualified that assessment, saying he’ll have to see “how that plays out.”
When he was governor, Spitzer vehemently opposed DiNapoli’s ascension to state comptroller. DiNapoli was chosen by the legislature in 2007 to replace Alan Hevesi, who resigned in disgrace. DiNapoli says Spitzer’s charges at the time that he was not qualified for the job were unfair, but says since then he’s won election to the post and the voters have proven Spitzer wrong.