Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
A Conversation with Daryl Bem
By Joyce Gramza
Oswego, NY – A Cornell University psychology professor's research claiming to show evidence of ESP is prompting statistical experts to scrutinize the methods scientists use to analyze experimental results.
WRVO's Joyce Gramza talked with Professor Daryl Bem about the research, published by a prestigious psychology journal, that has sparked so much skepticism.
Bem, who also has a degree in Physics, says he started off skeptical about psychic phenomena, but that numerous research findings over his long career opened his mind.
His controversial paper was published in the March 2011 issue of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
It's available for download at his web site, http://dbem.ws/.