Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
A Conversation with Daryl Bem
By Joyce Gramza
Oswego, NY – A Cornell University psychology professor's research claiming to show evidence of ESP is prompting statistical experts to scrutinize the methods scientists use to analyze experimental results.
WRVO's Joyce Gramza talked with Professor Daryl Bem about the research, published by a prestigious psychology journal, that has sparked so much skepticism.
Bem, who also has a degree in Physics, says he started off skeptical about psychic phenomena, but that numerous research findings over his long career opened his mind.
His controversial paper was published in the March 2011 issue of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
It's available for download at his web site, http://dbem.ws/.