Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
-Nature of Things
Corn: Ancient Boon to Man & Nature
John Weeks talks about the many messages from the wildlife that are written directly in the snow. Future growth can even be seen in fruits like berries and in vegetables. Promises are found in blood streams and generative tissues in mammals. The promise of future growth is in wildlife, we just have to dig a bit to find those relationships.
This episode of Nature of Things was originally aired on October 2nd, 1987.