Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Could Euro Bonds Mend Eurozone Debt Crisis?
As the 17 European countries that use the euro grapple with the sovereign debt crisis, one possible way out is jointly underwritten euro bonds. The debt burden would be jointly shared among the nations that use the euro and stronger economies would help shore up weaker ones. But Germany — Europe's largest economy and main player in the crisis — remains vehemently opposed to the idea.