Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
Counting U.S. Poverty: Is The New Way Better?
This month, the Census Bureau introduced a new method to calibrate the U.S. poverty rate. The old formula had been used for nearly half a century. To learn how the two measurements compare, and how the new guidelines might give a more complete picture of national poverty, host Michel Martin speaks with Michael Tanner of the Cato Institute and Robert Greenstein of the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.