Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
Crisis Talks In Cannes Over Greek Bailout Plan
But investors' eyes are on the French resort of Cannes, where Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou "faces a grilling from the leaders of Germany and France" later today, as Reuters says, because of his decision to let the people of Greece vote on whether to accept a $178 bailout package that will impose further austerity measures on that nation.
Bloomberg News says "European leaders racing to prevent their week-old debt crisis strategy from unravelling convene emergency talks today to tell Greece there is no alternative to the budget cuts imposed in the bailout plan."