Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
For A Crocodile, He's Awfully Orange
Originally published on Wed September 28, 2011 9:11 am
DAVID GREENE, host: Good morning. I'm David Greene.
Maybe Snappy the crocodile was doing a magic trick. Maybe he was just hungry. For whatever reason, an eight-foot long crocodile in Australia decided to eat the filter in his water tank. And then things got weird. The animal turned bright orange - his whole body. The photos are freaky. Snappy belongs to Tracey Sandstrom, owner of Roaming Reptiles. She thinks the filter changed Snappy's pH levels. Otherwise, she says, he's fine, save for his new look. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.