Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
For A Crocodile, He's Awfully Orange
Originally published on Wed September 28, 2011 9:11 am
DAVID GREENE, host: Good morning. I'm David Greene.
Maybe Snappy the crocodile was doing a magic trick. Maybe he was just hungry. For whatever reason, an eight-foot long crocodile in Australia decided to eat the filter in his water tank. And then things got weird. The animal turned bright orange - his whole body. The photos are freaky. Snappy belongs to Tracey Sandstrom, owner of Roaming Reptiles. She thinks the filter changed Snappy's pH levels. Otherwise, she says, he's fine, save for his new look. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.