Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Cuomo vetoes schools pension borrowing bill
By Karen Dewitt/WRVO's Capitol Correspondent
ALBANY, NY – Governor Andrew Cuomo vetoed a bill that would have allowed school districts to borrow up to $1 billion dollars against the worth of their pension funds, saying it would be fiscally irresponsible and reckless.
WRVO Capitol Correspondent Karen Dewitt reports the veto shored up his support from groups focused on lowering taxes.