Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Cuomo vetoes schools pension borrowing bill
By Karen Dewitt/WRVO's Capitol Correspondent
ALBANY, NY – Governor Andrew Cuomo vetoed a bill that would have allowed school districts to borrow up to $1 billion dollars against the worth of their pension funds, saying it would be fiscally irresponsible and reckless.
WRVO Capitol Correspondent Karen Dewitt reports the veto shored up his support from groups focused on lowering taxes.