Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Cuomo vetoes schools pension borrowing bill
By Karen Dewitt/WRVO's Capitol Correspondent
ALBANY, NY – Governor Andrew Cuomo vetoed a bill that would have allowed school districts to borrow up to $1 billion dollars against the worth of their pension funds, saying it would be fiscally irresponsible and reckless.
WRVO Capitol Correspondent Karen Dewitt reports the veto shored up his support from groups focused on lowering taxes.