Most Active Stories
- Syracuse Hancock International Airport is looking west for continued growth
- Very contagious respiratory virus affecting children expected to hit central New York soon
- Keeping cool: how to treat hot flashes
- Contagious respiratory virus hits three children in central New York
- Environmentalists gear up for weekend climate change march in New York City
More News From WRVO
Cuomo vetoes schools pension borrowing bill
By Karen Dewitt/WRVO's Capitol Correspondent
ALBANY, NY – Governor Andrew Cuomo vetoed a bill that would have allowed school districts to borrow up to $1 billion dollars against the worth of their pension funds, saying it would be fiscally irresponsible and reckless.
WRVO Capitol Correspondent Karen Dewitt reports the veto shored up his support from groups focused on lowering taxes.