Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Cuomo vetoes schools pension borrowing bill
By Karen Dewitt/WRVO's Capitol Correspondent
ALBANY, NY – Governor Andrew Cuomo vetoed a bill that would have allowed school districts to borrow up to $1 billion dollars against the worth of their pension funds, saying it would be fiscally irresponsible and reckless.
WRVO Capitol Correspondent Karen Dewitt reports the veto shored up his support from groups focused on lowering taxes.