Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Daniel Schwarz on the Campbell Conversations
The New York Times is still the nation's flagship newspaper - "the paper of record." But it has struggled recently, financially and otherwise.
On this week's edition of the Campbell Conversations, Daniel Schwarz, an English literature professor at Cornell and the author of "Endtimes," a new book about the newspaper's last 10 years, dissects its troubles and explains why he thinks the Times is the worst paper in America, except for all the others.
He also offers some thoughts on the Syracuse Post-Standard.
This week, the Campbell Conversations will begin providing a weekly preview of the upcoming interview. Grant Reeher will share his thoughts on the interview and even give some background on the interviewee. Feel free to read each week by subscribing to the weekly newsletter.