Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Daniel Schwarz on the Campbell Conversations
The New York Times is still the nation's flagship newspaper - "the paper of record." But it has struggled recently, financially and otherwise.
On this week's edition of the Campbell Conversations, Daniel Schwarz, an English literature professor at Cornell and the author of "Endtimes," a new book about the newspaper's last 10 years, dissects its troubles and explains why he thinks the Times is the worst paper in America, except for all the others.
He also offers some thoughts on the Syracuse Post-Standard.
This week, the Campbell Conversations will begin providing a weekly preview of the upcoming interview. Grant Reeher will share his thoughts on the interview and even give some background on the interviewee. Feel free to read each week by subscribing to the weekly newsletter.