Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
Around the Nation
Daughter Of Late Sen. Edward Kennedy Dies
Kara Kennedy, the oldest child of the late Sen. Edward Kennedy, has died. She was 51.
Patrick Kennedy, a former congressman from Rhode Island, said his sister died Friday while at a Washington, D.C.-area health club.
Kara Kennedy, the oldest of three children, was a lung cancer survivor. Doctors removed a malignant tumor in 2003.
"She's with dad," Patrick Kennedy said. Their father died in 2009.
Patrick Kennedy said his sister loved to exercise but that her cancer treatment "took quite a toll on her and weakened her physically."
"Her heart gave out," he said.