Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Politics and Government
Debate: Amy Tresidder and Patty Ritchie on the Campbell Conversations
Except for a brief stint with Darrel Aubertine, the 48th State Senate district has been a Republican stronghold. Amy Tresidder is trying to upset that pattern this fall, and in this week’s edition of the Campbell Conversations Grant Reeher engages both Tresidder and the incumbent Senator Patty Ritchie in a debate-style conversation.
The candidates agree about their overall fiscal conservatism, but they clash over home-rule on local tax authority, whether Albany has actually provided mandate relief, and more generally whether state government is significantly more functional now than it was two years ago.