Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Politics and Government
Debate: Amy Tresidder and Patty Ritchie on the Campbell Conversations
Except for a brief stint with Darrel Aubertine, the 48th State Senate district has been a Republican stronghold. Amy Tresidder is trying to upset that pattern this fall, and in this week’s edition of the Campbell Conversations Grant Reeher engages both Tresidder and the incumbent Senator Patty Ritchie in a debate-style conversation.
The candidates agree about their overall fiscal conservatism, but they clash over home-rule on local tax authority, whether Albany has actually provided mandate relief, and more generally whether state government is significantly more functional now than it was two years ago.