Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
Debbie Sydow talks about the unique role of community colleges.
By Grant Reeher
Oswego, NY – Debbie Sydow, President of Onondaga Community College, discusses the unique role that community colleges play in their regions, the changes at OCC over the past decade, and the diversity of students that one encounters in its classrooms. She weaves her own background as the first person in her family to attend college into her sense of OCC's mission, and her mission as its president.