Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Debbie Sydow talks about the unique role of community colleges.
By Grant Reeher
Oswego, NY – Debbie Sydow, President of Onondaga Community College, discusses the unique role that community colleges play in their regions, the changes at OCC over the past decade, and the diversity of students that one encounters in its classrooms. She weaves her own background as the first person in her family to attend college into her sense of OCC's mission, and her mission as its president.