Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
Debbie Sydow talks about the unique role of community colleges.
By Grant Reeher
Oswego, NY – Debbie Sydow, President of Onondaga Community College, discusses the unique role that community colleges play in their regions, the changes at OCC over the past decade, and the diversity of students that one encounters in its classrooms. She weaves her own background as the first person in her family to attend college into her sense of OCC's mission, and her mission as its president.