Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
A Decade After Invasion, Are Iraqi Women 'Lucky'?
It's been 10 years since the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq. That conflict drastically changed the lives of Iraqi women. On International Women's Day, host Michel Martin talks with Iqbal al-Juboori, about how the war affected her personally, and what it's like for women to live in a conflict zone. al-Juboori works to provide job training and life skills to women and their families in rural parts of Iraq.