Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Destiny USA Owners Offer Tours of Mall Expansion
SYRACUSE, NY (August 2, 2011)- Soon, Carousel Center will be no more. The Syracuse mall's owner, Pyramid, will change the name to Destiny USA sometime soon.
It's a sign that the mega mall project is moving forward again, even if it's not the luxury resort and entertainment destination that was the original plan.
Pyramid is ramping up its effort to sell the mall's expansion to the press and public. The new push began this week, with the first of several tours of the mall's long-delayed new wing.
WRVO's Ellen Abbott reports.