Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Destiny USA Owners Offer Tours of Mall Expansion
SYRACUSE, NY (August 2, 2011)- Soon, Carousel Center will be no more. The Syracuse mall's owner, Pyramid, will change the name to Destiny USA sometime soon.
It's a sign that the mega mall project is moving forward again, even if it's not the luxury resort and entertainment destination that was the original plan.
Pyramid is ramping up its effort to sell the mall's expansion to the press and public. The new push began this week, with the first of several tours of the mall's long-delayed new wing.
WRVO's Ellen Abbott reports.