Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
Destiny USA Owners Offer Tours of Mall Expansion
SYRACUSE, NY (August 2, 2011)- Soon, Carousel Center will be no more. The Syracuse mall's owner, Pyramid, will change the name to Destiny USA sometime soon.
It's a sign that the mega mall project is moving forward again, even if it's not the luxury resort and entertainment destination that was the original plan.
Pyramid is ramping up its effort to sell the mall's expansion to the press and public. The new push began this week, with the first of several tours of the mall's long-delayed new wing.
WRVO's Ellen Abbott reports.