Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
Destiny USA Update
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – An executive with the Pyramid Companies, Mike Lorenz, says the developer hopes the New York State Senate will act on it's six month old tax break legislation in the new session.
(CLICK on icon above to hear Mike Lorenz on the Destiny USA incentive package.)
Lorenz says the company understands that the legislative process takes time, but that Pyramid wants final authorization on the bill as soon as possible.
There is a stipulation in the draft legislation that work on the project be complete by December of 2005. Lorenz says that language may have to be changed, depending on when lawmakers act on the bill.
In other Destiny USA news, construction has begun on a parking garage near the main Carousel Center entrance. That's going to eliminate a numebr of parking spots.
Lorenz says the company is working with retailers to ensure that enough parking will be available during the busy holiday shopping season.
He says Carousel officials will be encouraging patrons to park in the lot near the now-closed Ames Department Store. The lot has several hundred available spaces.