Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Around the Nation
Detectives Accused Of Breaking Into Bradenton City Hall
Originally published on Wed May 7, 2014 8:47 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Two Florida police detectives needed to use the bathroom, so they went to the Bradenton City Hall. The City Hall was locked. Naturally, the police detectives broke in with a screwdriver. Having broken in, they didn't lock up, leaving City Hall unsecured for the weekend. One officer has left the department, the other faces a hearing. They could have used the police headquarters bathroom in the same building, but they considered that nasty.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.