Most Active Stories
- Fireman's Association says leave the pyrotechnics to the professionals
- Severe storms kill 3 people in Madison County, damage homes, cause power outages throughout region
- How the weather service decides if a tornado touched down
- Update: Five tornadoes hit upstate New York Tuesday
- Red to green: Syracuse working to upgrade traffic signal system
More News From WRVO
Dietician says a so-called obesity tax on soda drinks might not be all that effective.
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY –
Governor Paterson's proposal to impose a tax on non-diet soda drinks has its skeptics.
Beside the revenue such a tax would raise .Paterson says it would help combat health problems related to obesity if consumers go without because of the higher price.
Beth Smythe is a registered dietician and president of the New York State Dietetics Association. She says there are more effective ways to stay healthy. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to her about the issue.