Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Dietician says a so-called obesity tax on soda drinks might not be all that effective.
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY –
Governor Paterson's proposal to impose a tax on non-diet soda drinks has its skeptics.
Beside the revenue such a tax would raise .Paterson says it would help combat health problems related to obesity if consumers go without because of the higher price.
Beth Smythe is a registered dietician and president of the New York State Dietetics Association. She says there are more effective ways to stay healthy. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to her about the issue.