Most Active Stories
- New York's "local" beef, often not as local as you think
- Remington Arms' owner breaks silence on state's gun laws
- The WRVO MemberCard Thank You! Tour
- Seven years of spinning turbines have brought windfall to Lewis County communities
- Rally hopes to shed light on diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease
More News From WRVO
Dietician says a so-called obesity tax on soda drinks might not be all that effective.
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY –
Governor Paterson's proposal to impose a tax on non-diet soda drinks has its skeptics.
Beside the revenue such a tax would raise .Paterson says it would help combat health problems related to obesity if consumers go without because of the higher price.
Beth Smythe is a registered dietician and president of the New York State Dietetics Association. She says there are more effective ways to stay healthy. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to her about the issue.