Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Dietician says a so-called obesity tax on soda drinks might not be all that effective.
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY –
Governor Paterson's proposal to impose a tax on non-diet soda drinks has its skeptics.
Beside the revenue such a tax would raise .Paterson says it would help combat health problems related to obesity if consumers go without because of the higher price.
Beth Smythe is a registered dietician and president of the New York State Dietetics Association. She says there are more effective ways to stay healthy. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to her about the issue.