Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Dietician says a so-called obesity tax on soda drinks might not be all that effective.
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY –
Governor Paterson's proposal to impose a tax on non-diet soda drinks has its skeptics.
Beside the revenue such a tax would raise .Paterson says it would help combat health problems related to obesity if consumers go without because of the higher price.
Beth Smythe is a registered dietician and president of the New York State Dietetics Association. She says there are more effective ways to stay healthy. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke to her about the issue.