Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
DiNapoli: "Leg. Must Do More Than Just Approve a New Spending Plan"
By Karen DeWitt
Albany, NY – The New York State legislature is due back in Albany after a nine day break for the spring holidays. Their first order of business will be to agree on a new state budget, which is now a week overdue. The State's Comptroller warns that lawmakers will have to do more than just approve a new spending plan, if they hope to dig the state out of it's fiscal morass.