Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
DiNapoli: "Leg. Must Do More Than Just Approve a New Spending Plan"
By Karen DeWitt
Albany, NY – The New York State legislature is due back in Albany after a nine day break for the spring holidays. Their first order of business will be to agree on a new state budget, which is now a week overdue. The State's Comptroller warns that lawmakers will have to do more than just approve a new spending plan, if they hope to dig the state out of it's fiscal morass.