Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Diversity Sounds Nice, But Limitations Exist In Elite Jobs
African-Americans fought for years to enter professions that were dominated by white people, like medicine, business and law. Now, experts say some of those gains have leveled off since the recession. Guest host Celeste Headlee speaks with The New York Times' Nelson Schwartz, and lawyer Lisa Tatum, about why minorities struggle to gain ground in elite professions.