Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
Does watching TV reruns create better mental health?
The growing Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus is one of main reasons folks in western New York have hope for the region's economic future. Entrepreneurs are trying to translate research into new businesses that sell the next big thing in medicine. But not all research at the campus will cure cancer or create a corporation. Some experiments focus on aspects of life that are less life-or-death. The University of Buffalo Research Institute on Addictions conducted an experiment which showed that watching television reruns boosts will power and self-control, both limited resources tested more and more by multi-tasking and busy schedules.