Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Does watching TV reruns create better mental health?
The growing Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus is one of main reasons folks in western New York have hope for the region's economic future. Entrepreneurs are trying to translate research into new businesses that sell the next big thing in medicine. But not all research at the campus will cure cancer or create a corporation. Some experiments focus on aspects of life that are less life-or-death. The University of Buffalo Research Institute on Addictions conducted an experiment which showed that watching television reruns boosts will power and self-control, both limited resources tested more and more by multi-tasking and busy schedules.