Most Active Stories
- Beginning of college marks transition period for students and parents
- North Country lawmaker, group, working to save Fort Drum jobs
- Syracuse University named top campus for LGBT students
- Classic midway prize missing from this year's state fair
- Teachout blasts Time Warner-Comcast merger, says she would stop it if elected
Does watching TV reruns create better mental health?
The growing Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus is one of main reasons folks in western New York have hope for the region's economic future. Entrepreneurs are trying to translate research into new businesses that sell the next big thing in medicine. But not all research at the campus will cure cancer or create a corporation. Some experiments focus on aspects of life that are less life-or-death. The University of Buffalo Research Institute on Addictions conducted an experiment which showed that watching television reruns boosts will power and self-control, both limited resources tested more and more by multi-tasking and busy schedules.