Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Don't Panic, It Wasn't Lil' Kim
Originally published on Mon December 19, 2011 2:28 pm
Just the headline of this Buzz Feed post made us laugh.
It's funny either way:
-- If some folks were confused by the death of North Korean leader Kim Jong Il.
-- Or if they were just making mischief.
The latter appears more likely — or at least it's the reason the whole thread got started. According to The Wall Street Journal's Digits blog:
"Shortly after Kim's death, cultural critic N'Gai Croal was one of the first to jump-start the meme, 'RIP, Lil' Kim,' he tweeted. Thousands more followed."
When he did that, N'Gai Croal also linked to a Bloomberg News story about the Korean leader's death.
(H/T to NPR's Stephanie Federico.)