Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Downing Street Defends Larry The Cat After Mouse Sighting
Originally published on Mon November 14, 2011 10:02 am
Calls for Larry the cat to resign from his position as No. 10 Downing Street's semi-official mouser have been "rebuffed," the BBC reports. That's even though The Daily Mail says Prime Minister David Cameron had to resort "to throwing cutlery" at a mouse during a dinner with Cabinet ministers last week because of "Larry's apparent disinterest in keeping on top of the now growing rodent problem" at the PM's official residence.
Just what Larry's more recent problem may be, isn't clear. The fearsome Fleet Street press doesn't seem to have cracked the story just yet. But there is this hint in the BBC's report: "A spokesman for the Royal Parks confirmed in September that Maisie, a cat who lives at the nearby St James' Park keeper's cottage, had struck up a close friendship with Larry."