Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
Dozens Killed In Twin Explosion In Iraqi City
An Iraqi medical official says the death toll from twin bombings at a market in a city southeast of Baghdad has risen to 34.
The top medical official in the province where the city of Kut is located, Diaa al-Aboudi, says 60 people were also wounded in the blast on Monday.
Police spokesman Lt. Col. Dhurgam Mohammed Hassan says the first bomb went off in a freezer used to keep drinks cold.
Then as rescuers and onlookers gathered, a parked car bomb exploded.