Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Dozens Killed In Twin Explosion In Iraqi City
An Iraqi medical official says the death toll from twin bombings at a market in a city southeast of Baghdad has risen to 34.
The top medical official in the province where the city of Kut is located, Diaa al-Aboudi, says 60 people were also wounded in the blast on Monday.
Police spokesman Lt. Col. Dhurgam Mohammed Hassan says the first bomb went off in a freezer used to keep drinks cold.
Then as rescuers and onlookers gathered, a parked car bomb exploded.