Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
Around the Nation
Driver In Carpool Lane Pulled Over For Suspicious Passenger
Originally published on Mon May 12, 2014 3:26 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
A state trooper outside Boston saw a car pulling into the carpool lane on I-93. Cars in that lane should have at least two occupants, but something caught the trooper's eye. He pulled over the car and that's when he discovered the driver was using the lane accompanied only by a mannequin head propped up in the passenger seat.
The driver was ticketed despite the artistic effort used on the mannequin which had a mustache drawn on.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.