Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Duke Will Be 'Crowned' For Foreseeable Future
Crowning the Duke of Wellington with a traffic cone is a tradition in Glasgow, Scotland. Frustrated officials wanted to raise the 1844 statue to a height that could keep the cones off the duke's head. Removing them costs the city $160 each time. But the effort to elevate the duke was stopped by a petition.