Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
Dune stewards try to protect sandy ecosystem
ALONG LAKE ONTARIO, NY – Along the Lake Ontario shore in northern Oswego County, sand rises in tall dunes along the backs of some beaches.
Those sandy hills look like great places for kids to play, but they are actually places to avoid.
WRVO's Adam Wolfe tells us why.