Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
More News From WRVO
Dune stewards try to protect sandy ecosystem
ALONG LAKE ONTARIO, NY – Along the Lake Ontario shore in northern Oswego County, sand rises in tall dunes along the backs of some beaches.
Those sandy hills look like great places for kids to play, but they are actually places to avoid.
WRVO's Adam Wolfe tells us why.