Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Dune stewards try to protect sandy ecosystem
ALONG LAKE ONTARIO, NY – Along the Lake Ontario shore in northern Oswego County, sand rises in tall dunes along the backs of some beaches.
Those sandy hills look like great places for kids to play, but they are actually places to avoid.
WRVO's Adam Wolfe tells us why.