Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
Economic Woes Changing Face Of Poverty
Among the nearly 50 million Americans living in poverty, 16 million are children. That's according to the Census Bureau. Commentator Tavis Smiley says statistics like these led him to journey on an 18-city 'poverty tour,' which he just finished. Tomorrow, he's launching a week-long series on his radio and TV programs about the tour. He tells Michel Martin about it. They also hear from Vicki Escarra, president and CEO of Feeding America, who joined Smiley for part of the poverty tour.