Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Education group calls on State Senate to Fix New York State's funding system for schools.
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – A group seeking to overhaul the way New York State funds public schools is calling on the republican-controlled State Senate to take action.
The Alliance for Qaulity Education is launching a campaign this week demanding that the state senate respond to a two-year old landmark court ruling that requires the state to fix the funding system. WRVO's Chris Ulanowski asked A-Q-E's Director Billy Easton why the issue has remained stalled for so long.