Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Education Group Encourages Mentoring for New Teachers.
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – Mentoring and professional development are critical in the retention of new teachers. That's the recommendation of the not-for-profit "Alliance for Excellence in Education." In a new study, the Washington D-C based policy and research group found that nationally, fifty-percent of teachers will leave the profession within the first five-years of entering it. Alliance President Bob Wise explains the findings.