Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Education Group Encourages Mentoring for New Teachers.
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – Mentoring and professional development are critical in the retention of new teachers. That's the recommendation of the not-for-profit "Alliance for Excellence in Education." In a new study, the Washington D-C based policy and research group found that nationally, fifty-percent of teachers will leave the profession within the first five-years of entering it. Alliance President Bob Wise explains the findings.