Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Education Group Encourages Mentoring for New Teachers.
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse, NY – Mentoring and professional development are critical in the retention of new teachers. That's the recommendation of the not-for-profit "Alliance for Excellence in Education." In a new study, the Washington D-C based policy and research group found that nationally, fifty-percent of teachers will leave the profession within the first five-years of entering it. Alliance President Bob Wise explains the findings.