Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Education Groups Take Paterson to Court Over Budget Cuts
By Karen DeWitt
Albany, NY – A coalition of education groups have filed a lawsuit in State Supreme
court saying Governor David Paterson acted illegally when he withheld
payments to schools in December, money the schools say, they were
counting on. The governor called the groups "extra special interests"
who he says want special treatment at a time when New York is running
out of money.