Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
More News From WRVO
Education Groups Take Paterson to Court Over Budget Cuts
By Karen DeWitt
Albany, NY – A coalition of education groups have filed a lawsuit in State Supreme
court saying Governor David Paterson acted illegally when he withheld
payments to schools in December, money the schools say, they were
counting on. The governor called the groups "extra special interests"
who he says want special treatment at a time when New York is running
out of money.