Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Education Groups Take Paterson to Court Over Budget Cuts
By Karen DeWitt
Albany, NY – A coalition of education groups have filed a lawsuit in State Supreme
court saying Governor David Paterson acted illegally when he withheld
payments to schools in December, money the schools say, they were
counting on. The governor called the groups "extra special interests"
who he says want special treatment at a time when New York is running
out of money.