Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
More News From WRVO
Education Groups Take Paterson to Court Over Budget Cuts
By Karen DeWitt
Albany, NY – A coalition of education groups have filed a lawsuit in State Supreme
court saying Governor David Paterson acted illegally when he withheld
payments to schools in December, money the schools say, they were
counting on. The governor called the groups "extra special interests"
who he says want special treatment at a time when New York is running
out of money.