Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm to bring heavy snow to the region Wednesday and Thursday
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
Education Groups Take Paterson to Court Over Budget Cuts
By Karen DeWitt
Albany, NY – A coalition of education groups have filed a lawsuit in State Supreme
court saying Governor David Paterson acted illegally when he withheld
payments to schools in December, money the schools say, they were
counting on. The governor called the groups "extra special interests"
who he says want special treatment at a time when New York is running
out of money.