Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Is An Electromagnetic Pulse Attack A Threat?
At Tuesday night's GOP presidential candidate debate, the last question was what national security threat he or she worries about that, yet hasn't been talked about. Answers ranged from socialist rebels to communist China to cyber attacks to joblessness. But Newt Gingrich mentioned a threat that certainly has not been talked about this campaign season: an electromagnetic pulse attack. Guy Raz talks with Noah Shachtman, who writes on national security for Wired magazine, about this potential national security threat.