Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
Is An Electromagnetic Pulse Attack A Threat?
At Tuesday night's GOP presidential candidate debate, the last question was what national security threat he or she worries about that, yet hasn't been talked about. Answers ranged from socialist rebels to communist China to cyber attacks to joblessness. But Newt Gingrich mentioned a threat that certainly has not been talked about this campaign season: an electromagnetic pulse attack. Guy Raz talks with Noah Shachtman, who writes on national security for Wired magazine, about this potential national security threat.