Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
Is An Electromagnetic Pulse Attack A Threat?
At Tuesday night's GOP presidential candidate debate, the last question was what national security threat he or she worries about that, yet hasn't been talked about. Answers ranged from socialist rebels to communist China to cyber attacks to joblessness. But Newt Gingrich mentioned a threat that certainly has not been talked about this campaign season: an electromagnetic pulse attack. Guy Raz talks with Noah Shachtman, who writes on national security for Wired magazine, about this potential national security threat.