Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Emergency Physicians from CNY return from New Orleans
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse , NY – Two emergency physicians from SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse have returned to Central New York from the hurricane-ravaged gulf coast region.
One of them, Dr. Jahn Avarello was dispatched to a clinic shelter about 60-miles outside New Orleans. The pediatric doctor described the shelter as well-organized -- filled with food and supplies. But as he explained to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski, what he heard from the evacuees was disturbing.