Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Emergency Physicians from CNY return from New Orleans
By Chris Ulanowski
Syracuse , NY – Two emergency physicians from SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse have returned to Central New York from the hurricane-ravaged gulf coast region.
One of them, Dr. Jahn Avarello was dispatched to a clinic shelter about 60-miles outside New Orleans. The pediatric doctor described the shelter as well-organized -- filled with food and supplies. But as he explained to WRVO's Chris Ulanowski, what he heard from the evacuees was disturbing.