Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- Tell Me More will leave WRVO's midday schedule; Q with Jian Ghomeshi moves in
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
At End Of Life ... Soaring Prices, Sinking Resources
Tell Me More begins its week-long series on the end of life. Monday's focus: money. About 25 percent of all Medicare spending is on end-of-life care, and a private room in a nursing home averages more than $80,000 a year. Michel Martin talks with NPR Health Policy Correspondent Julie Rovner, National Alliance for Hispanic Health President Jane Delgado, and National Caucus and Center on Black Aged, Inc. President Karyne Jones.