Most Active Stories
- Fireman's Association says leave the pyrotechnics to the professionals
- Severe storms kill 3 people in Madison County, damage homes, cause power outages throughout region
- Update: Five tornadoes hit upstate New York Tuesday
- How the weather service decides if a tornado touched down
- Red to green: Syracuse working to upgrade traffic signal system
Exacerbated By Conflict, Somalia Famine Persists
Somalia has been hardest hit by East Africa's worst drought in decades. The United Nations warns that 750,000 Somalis could soon starve to death. Jeffrey Gettleman of The New York Times provides an update on the famine and the ongoing conflict that has made Somalis even more vulnerable.