Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Expanding New York's "Bottle Bill"
Syracuse, NY – This past spring, environmental groups tried to expand New York's "bottle bill" to include water, juice, and sports drink containers.
Supports of an expanded redemption law also want the deposit on cans and bottles raised from five centrs to a dime.
The bill was left untouched by the legislature, but as WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen reports, it's supporters are bringing it back this session.