Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Expanding New York's "Bottle Bill"
Syracuse, NY – This past spring, environmental groups tried to expand New York's "bottle bill" to include water, juice, and sports drink containers.
Supports of an expanded redemption law also want the deposit on cans and bottles raised from five centrs to a dime.
The bill was left untouched by the legislature, but as WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen reports, it's supporters are bringing it back this session.