Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Expanding New York's "Bottle Bill"
Syracuse, NY – This past spring, environmental groups tried to expand New York's "bottle bill" to include water, juice, and sports drink containers.
Supports of an expanded redemption law also want the deposit on cans and bottles raised from five centrs to a dime.
The bill was left untouched by the legislature, but as WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen reports, it's supporters are bringing it back this session.