Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Experts Puzzled by Golisano Announcement
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – Chairman of the SUNY Oswego Political Science Department Bruce Altschuler says it's unclear why Golisano bought two minutes of airtime to announce he'd remain in the race for Governor.
Altschuler says the Independence party candidate may have contemplated dropping out of the race, or he may have been pulling a last minute publicity stunt.
Altschuler says while this may have garnered Golisano more attention, it may also turn off potential voters. He says Golisano may be perceived as a vain billionaire after his advertisment.
Recent polls show Golisano will likely come in third behind incumbent Governor Pataki and Democrat Carl McCall.