Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
More News From WRVO
Experts Puzzled by Golisano Announcement
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – Chairman of the SUNY Oswego Political Science Department Bruce Altschuler says it's unclear why Golisano bought two minutes of airtime to announce he'd remain in the race for Governor.
Altschuler says the Independence party candidate may have contemplated dropping out of the race, or he may have been pulling a last minute publicity stunt.
Altschuler says while this may have garnered Golisano more attention, it may also turn off potential voters. He says Golisano may be perceived as a vain billionaire after his advertisment.
Recent polls show Golisano will likely come in third behind incumbent Governor Pataki and Democrat Carl McCall.