Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Experts Puzzled by Golisano Announcement
By Elizabeth Christensen
Oswego, NY – Chairman of the SUNY Oswego Political Science Department Bruce Altschuler says it's unclear why Golisano bought two minutes of airtime to announce he'd remain in the race for Governor.
Altschuler says the Independence party candidate may have contemplated dropping out of the race, or he may have been pulling a last minute publicity stunt.
Altschuler says while this may have garnered Golisano more attention, it may also turn off potential voters. He says Golisano may be perceived as a vain billionaire after his advertisment.
Recent polls show Golisano will likely come in third behind incumbent Governor Pataki and Democrat Carl McCall.