Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Explosives Said To Be In Package Addressed To Sheriff Arpaio
Authorities in Arizona say a package addressed to controversial Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio was safely destroyed Thursday after a test for explosive residue confirmed it "contained black powder," The Arizona Republic writes.
According to the Arizona Daily Sun, the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said late Thursday night that the device was contained in a package addressed to the sheriff at his downtown Phoenix office. The sheriff's office says Flagstaff, Ariz., police reported that the package appeared suspicious so it was x-rayed and the device detected. A bomb squad team neutralized the explosive."
Our Arpaio-related posts from the past include: