Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Faculty union responds to hiring freeze ordered by Governor Paterson
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – Public higher education in New York will suffer under a hiring freeze imposed by Governor Paterson.
That's according to the head of the labor union representing 35,000 State University of New York faculty members.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke with U-U-P President Phillip Smith about the "freeze."
( Phillip Smith is a Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology at Upstate Medical University Hospital in Syracuse)