Most Active Stories
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Faculty union responds to hiring freeze ordered by Governor Paterson
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – Public higher education in New York will suffer under a hiring freeze imposed by Governor Paterson.
That's according to the head of the labor union representing 35,000 State University of New York faculty members.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke with U-U-P President Phillip Smith about the "freeze."
( Phillip Smith is a Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology at Upstate Medical University Hospital in Syracuse)