Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Faculty union responds to hiring freeze ordered by Governor Paterson
By Chris Ulanowski
Oswego, NY – Public higher education in New York will suffer under a hiring freeze imposed by Governor Paterson.
That's according to the head of the labor union representing 35,000 State University of New York faculty members.
WRVO's Chris Ulanowski spoke with U-U-P President Phillip Smith about the "freeze."
( Phillip Smith is a Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology at Upstate Medical University Hospital in Syracuse)