Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Farming and Writing: Scott Chaskey
By David Hollis
Oswego, NY – Scott Chaskey believes good writing comes from the same places as good tomatoes or the best sweet corn: the soil of the organic farm he tends to on Long Island.
Chaskey is the manager of Quail Hill Farm in Amagansett and author of "This Common Ground: Seasons on an Organic Farm" published last year by Viking. He says writing and farming are very similar. Reporter David Hollis has more.
( David Hollis is a freelance reporter living in Hubbardsville, Madison County.