Most Active Stories
- Some billing relief for National Grid customers after bitter winter
- Cortland among counties to pull out of SAFE Act pilot program
- Wegmans takes a stance on genetically modified food
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
More News From WRVO
Feature: Media Coverage of Iraqi Conflict
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – Much has changed since the first Gulf War.
In the early 90's, very few people had internet access, there was no Al Jazeera, and there was only one 24 hour cable news network.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke with media critic Joan Deppa from Syracuse University's Newhous School of Public Communications about the trends and how this war is forever changing coverage of armed conflict.