Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
More News From WRVO
Feature: Media Coverage of Iraqi Conflict
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – Much has changed since the first Gulf War.
In the early 90's, very few people had internet access, there was no Al Jazeera, and there was only one 24 hour cable news network.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke with media critic Joan Deppa from Syracuse University's Newhous School of Public Communications about the trends and how this war is forever changing coverage of armed conflict.