Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Feature: Media Coverage of Iraqi Conflict
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – Much has changed since the first Gulf War.
In the early 90's, very few people had internet access, there was no Al Jazeera, and there was only one 24 hour cable news network.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke with media critic Joan Deppa from Syracuse University's Newhous School of Public Communications about the trends and how this war is forever changing coverage of armed conflict.