Most Active Stories
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
- No bones about it, Utica College students learn more than anthropology in Albania
- Novelis defends itself in court against allegations of influencing union vote
More News From WRVO
Feature: Media Coverage of Iraqi Conflict
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – Much has changed since the first Gulf War.
In the early 90's, very few people had internet access, there was no Al Jazeera, and there was only one 24 hour cable news network.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke with media critic Joan Deppa from Syracuse University's Newhous School of Public Communications about the trends and how this war is forever changing coverage of armed conflict.