Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Feature: Media Coverage of Iraqi Conflict
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – Much has changed since the first Gulf War.
In the early 90's, very few people had internet access, there was no Al Jazeera, and there was only one 24 hour cable news network.
WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen spoke with media critic Joan Deppa from Syracuse University's Newhous School of Public Communications about the trends and how this war is forever changing coverage of armed conflict.