Most Active Stories
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Nuclear waste facility in political and environmental limbo
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
More News From WRVO
Feature: The Origin of Classical Place Names in NYS
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – It's striking how many places in New York are named after ancient cities and classical figures.
In his new book, "Classical Place Names in New York State: Origins, Histories, and Meanings," William Farrell explores how places like Romulous, Ovid, and Manlius got their names.
He spoke with WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen.
CLICK on the icon above to hear the full interview.