Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
Feature: The Origin of Classical Place Names in NYS
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – It's striking how many places in New York are named after ancient cities and classical figures.
In his new book, "Classical Place Names in New York State: Origins, Histories, and Meanings," William Farrell explores how places like Romulous, Ovid, and Manlius got their names.
He spoke with WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen.
CLICK on the icon above to hear the full interview.