Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
Feature: The Origin of Classical Place Names in NYS
By Elizabeth Christensen
Syracuse, NY – It's striking how many places in New York are named after ancient cities and classical figures.
In his new book, "Classical Place Names in New York State: Origins, Histories, and Meanings," William Farrell explores how places like Romulous, Ovid, and Manlius got their names.
He spoke with WRVO's Elizabeth Christensen.
CLICK on the icon above to hear the full interview.