Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Air Force plane found deep below Lake Ontario from 1952 crash
Film Reveals "Slavery" Persisted After Civil War
Most history books teach that slavery in the U.S. ended with the Civil War, but a new documentary airing on PBS challenges that. The film, "Slavery By Another Name," explores a system of forced labor that brutalized many black Southerners up to World War II. Host Michel Martin speaks with the film's director and co-executive producer.