Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- Groups call growing oil shipments in NY Cuomo's "Keystone" moment
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
Film Sheds Light On Hate Crimes, Sparks Community Action
In 2008, seven white teens killed an Ecuadorian immigrant who had lived in Patchogue, New York for 13 years. The tragedy unearthed prolonged violence against Latinos in that town. Community members then came together to address immigration, hate crimes and safety. This is captured in the documentary 'Not In Our Town: Light In The Darkness.' Director Patrice O'Neill speaks with Michel Martin.