Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
- Duffy will keep thoughts to himself on Moreland Commission
Finish This Sentence: 'Before I Die, I Want To ...'
Originally published on Thu May 3, 2012 2:47 pm
Artist Candy Chang turned the wall of an abandoned house in New Orleans into "a giant chalkboard where residents can write on the wall and remember what is important to them."
You can get a sense of the kind of things people write from the BeforeIdiewall Twitter page. They range from the very aspirational ("inspire change") to the practical ("lose those 10 kilos") to the just fun ("kiss Ryan Gosling").
Chang encourages others to put up such walls. There's a "build your own" webpage of tips and guides here.
We wonder, of course, what Two-Way readers would say. Feel free to post your answers in the comments thread — and on Twitter @BeforeIdiewall.
(H/T to Alan Greenblatt.)