Most Active Stories
- Fireman's Association says leave the pyrotechnics to the professionals
- Severe storms kill 3 people in Madison County, damage homes, cause power outages throughout region
- Update: Five tornadoes hit upstate New York Tuesday
- How the weather service decides if a tornado touched down
- Red to green: Syracuse working to upgrade traffic signal system
Around the Nation
Fired Pizza Hut Manager Offered His Job Back
Originally published on Fri November 29, 2013 11:42 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Linda Wertheimer.
It's a happy ending after all for Tony Rohr's Thanksgiving dispute with Pizza Hut. The Elkhart, Indiana Pizza Hut manager was fired earlier this month for refusing to open on Thanksgiving. He wanted his employees to spend the holiday with their families. Rohr's story went viral, boycotts threats emerged, Pizza Hut headquarters urged the franchise to reinstate Rohr and now they have.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.