Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Winter storm brings heavy snow to the region
- Closings and cancelations for Wednesday
- Oswego County nuclear plant shut down for the second time in less than a week
More News From WRVO
Firefighter's Widow Files Suit Against Onondaga County
By Elizabeth Christensen
Pompey, NY – The family of a Central New York Firefighter who was killed while battling a housefire in March plans to file a wrongful death suit against Onondaga County and the Fire Coordinator.
Donna Prince-Lynch will file a suit claiming the Pompey Hill Fire Department and the Onondaga County Fire Coordinator, Mike Waters, failed to have enough back-up rescue teams at the site of a housefire last Spring.
Timothy Lynch, 28, and fellow firefighter John Ginochetti, 41, were killed when the floor collapsed at a housefire in Pompey.
The county is offering no comment.