Most Active Stories
- Offshore wind energy faces setbacks in Great Lakes
- Fireman's Association says leave the pyrotechnics to the professionals
- Severe storms kill 3 people in Madison County, damage homes, cause power outages throughout region
- Susan Wood and Thomas Drake on The Campbell Conversations
- Red to green: Syracuse working to upgrade traffic signal system
More News From WRVO
Firefighter's Widow Files Suit Against Onondaga County
By Elizabeth Christensen
Pompey, NY – The family of a Central New York Firefighter who was killed while battling a housefire in March plans to file a wrongful death suit against Onondaga County and the Fire Coordinator.
Donna Prince-Lynch will file a suit claiming the Pompey Hill Fire Department and the Onondaga County Fire Coordinator, Mike Waters, failed to have enough back-up rescue teams at the site of a housefire last Spring.
Timothy Lynch, 28, and fellow firefighter John Ginochetti, 41, were killed when the floor collapsed at a housefire in Pompey.
The county is offering no comment.