Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
More News From WRVO
Firefighter's Widow Files Suit Against Onondaga County
By Elizabeth Christensen
Pompey, NY – The family of a Central New York Firefighter who was killed while battling a housefire in March plans to file a wrongful death suit against Onondaga County and the Fire Coordinator.
Donna Prince-Lynch will file a suit claiming the Pompey Hill Fire Department and the Onondaga County Fire Coordinator, Mike Waters, failed to have enough back-up rescue teams at the site of a housefire last Spring.
Timothy Lynch, 28, and fellow firefighter John Ginochetti, 41, were killed when the floor collapsed at a housefire in Pompey.
The county is offering no comment.