Most Active Stories
- Crashed Air Force drone was flying with gear that couldn't handle cold
- Empire Brewing Company says new brewery will create distinctive craft beers
- Schumer hopes federal funds will help local brewpub expand
- Teachers union not ready to reverse no confidence vote in education commissioner
- Small group protests possibility of housing Central American immigrants in Syraucse
First African Nobel Peace Prize Winner Dies
After a long battle with cancer, Wangari Maathai died at age 71. As one of Kenya's most recognizable female figures, she won the Nobel in 2004 for combining environmentalism and social activism. She spent over 30 years mobilizing women to plant 30 million trees in the Green Belt Movement.