Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- BP killing Cape Vincent Wind Farm
- Geddes town supervisor talks SAFE Act with Cuomo
- Growing plants from seed ensures getting what you paid for
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
More News From WRVO
First Anniversary of New York's Cell Phone Ban
By Alessandra Messore
New York – November 1st marks the one year anniversary of a law that bans motorists from using a hand held cellular device while driving.
A spokesman for New York State police, Troop D, says officers have seen a marked decline in drivers on cell phones.
The New York State police say at least 16,000 motorists have been ticketed for cell phone violations.