Most Active Stories
- National Grid says supply costs, cold temperatures impacted winter electric rate spikes
- New teachers union president wants to increase union's political potency
- App turns social media posts into charity dollars
- Death is hard, but hospice can help patients and families
- Education historian lashes out against Common Core during Syracuse visit
More News From WRVO
First Anniversary of New York's Cell Phone Ban
By Alessandra Messore
New York – November 1st marks the one year anniversary of a law that bans motorists from using a hand held cellular device while driving.
A spokesman for New York State police, Troop D, says officers have seen a marked decline in drivers on cell phones.
The New York State police say at least 16,000 motorists have been ticketed for cell phone violations.