Most Active Stories
- In projects big and small, Watertown’s downtown reviving – but some say city government lacks vision
- Audio postcard: Sackets Harbor choral group rehearses
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand proposes new military sexual assault bill
- Drone test site secures half its startup funding with state grant
- World War II veteran honored with Purple Heart 70 years after turning it down
More News From WRVO
First Anniversary of New York's Cell Phone Ban
By Alessandra Messore
New York – November 1st marks the one year anniversary of a law that bans motorists from using a hand held cellular device while driving.
A spokesman for New York State police, Troop D, says officers have seen a marked decline in drivers on cell phones.
The New York State police say at least 16,000 motorists have been ticketed for cell phone violations.